It’s been forever since I posted. I’d like to blame being busy, and I have been, but last week I pretty much sat on my butt and didn’t do much sewing. I was working on other stuff though! The weather has also not been cooperating, and so pictures were terrible. And you know I feel like I have to have pretty pictures.
Sadly, these photos are not that great. And that purple fabric for some reason always comes out way too blue…
Anyway, these are the drunkard’s path blocks from week 3 of Curves Class… we’re on week 5 now and I still haven’t finished anything from week three other than this little bitty quilt, and haven’t even started week 4 projects. Boo.
So anyway, four drunkard’s path blocks, cut into a circle. This was the first time I tried a couple of things with the binding. First of all, curved binding… I’ve done binding with angles, but never curved, so it was a bit disconcerting that it didn’t seem to want to lie flat despite cutting it on the bias. In the end, pressing it was a huge help. It laid right down after that.
Second, I used Rachel’s method to sew down the binding on the front. She always uses a zig-zag stitch and it always looks so nice. Mine’s not quite as good, and the stitching on the back doesn’t really line up so great, but I still like the finish.
I wanted the quilting to go through the medallion on the back, so it’s a bit off on the front, but I like it that way.
I’m going to be sending this little mug rug off to a friend of mine who loves purple. She’ll especially like this (I hope!) because it contains fabric from both of the quilts I made for her two little ones.