I’ve been busting my butt trying to get this quilt done for the silent auction and my daughter’s school. This is the first quilt I’ve ever machine quilted, and I’m pretty happy with how it came out. It was definitely faster!
The colored fabric (except for the binding) is Moda’s Apron Strings line from a few years ago.Â I bought a charm pack back then, cut out all the triangles, and shoved it all in a bag and left it there until about 5 weeks ago. I’m not sure what I was thinking trying to do a pattern with this shape, but it seems to have come out ok. I only frogged it about 3 times.
The binding was a major pain. I walked around my local quilt store for hours looking for something that would work because the main fabrics were no longer available. Finally, I admitted defeat and asked for help. The binding was the third fabric the awesome ladies at the quilt shop suggested. I didn’t notice it until I got it home to cut, but it’s actually a Christmas fabric. I’ll have to find something to do with it this year, since I’ve got a good 3/4 yard left.
I was thinking the other day, that I have made 3 baby quilts (though this last one could be categorized as a lap quilt) in less than a year. There’s another one in the works though, my friend Rebecca is expecting now!